In 2019, it’s the 73rd Indian Independence Day. India got freedom from the British rule to become the Republic of India on 15th August 1947. This day is celebrated as the national holiday throughout the nation. After over 200 years of England’s colonialism, the country saw the light of the day. (Check: Bakrid Images.)
This day is of tremendous importance, and reminds every Indian of the new dawn for them. It is celebrated with great enthusiasm, and the festivities include drills, parades, flag-raising ceremonies, and singing of the National Anthem. Like every year, the Prime Minister will hoist the flag at the Red Fort in New Delhi, the capital city.
This occasion holds so much importance that it is definitely needs to be celebrated. After hoisting the flag and singing the national anthem (Jan Gana Mana), probably the best way to celebrate is by wishing your friends and family. So, for the event, we have made a collection of some of the best Independence Day wishes and images here.
Below, you can find happy independence day heartfelt wishes, quotations, sayings, sms messages, greetings, quotes, greetings, cards, status for whatsapp and Facebook, Indian flag images, hd wallpapers, pictures, pics, photos, shayari, etc. You can share any of them by copying them from below.
Happy Independence Day Quotes, Wishes, SMS Messages, Greetings, Status
- “Let new India arise out of peasants’ cottage, grasping the plough, out of huts, cobbler and sweeper” – Swami Vivekananda
- “The shots that hit me are the last nails to the coffin of the British rule in India” – Lala Lajpat Rai
- It makes my heart beat with pride, to see the colours of Independence Day spreading happiness and great joys all around. May the glory of Independence Day Be with your forever.
- Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country! Happy Independence Day!
- May the sun in his course visit
no land more free, more happy,
than this our country!
Sardar Bhagat Singh
Happy Independence Day Images, HD Wallpapers, Pictures, Photos, Pics, Cards
We shouldn’t take our independence for granted in any sense. Let us do our part in making India a better place in every sense in whatever sense we can. The country should become a legacy to live and legacy to die for. We shouldn’t forget any of our past hero who contribution made India a free nation.
It feels great to be a part of India. We wish you all a very happy independence day 2019 to all proud Indians. Vande Mataram!