Every year, World Health Day is observed on April 7 across the globe. This year, it will be celebrated on Sunday. This day is meant to spread awareness about equal healthcare facilities worldwide, the importance of health and wellness, and to kill all the myths around health.
For all living beings, health is the most essential aspect of life. Our whole existence is dependent on health and well-being. It’s an initiative started by World Health Organization (WHO) to make people aware of health. This special occasion also marks the founding day of WHO.
It is also marked as the day or seen as an opportunity to seek/put worldwide attention on the global health. It was first held in the year 1948 when the World Health Assembly was held for the first time in Geneva by the WHO. Since then, it is being observed annually on April 7, every year.
Around the world, different organizations are holding various types of events related to health on World Health Day on international levels.
Also Read: Shilajit Benefits
World Health Day 2019 Theme
Every year, WHO marks a different theme for the event. So, for 2019, the World Health Day theme is “Universal Health Coverage”. The key aim of World Health Organization is to ensure that everyone can obtain the care, when and if, they need, right in the heart of the community.
WHO is taking steps to ensuring/achieving Universal Health Coverage for everyone, everywhere. Their slogan is “Health for All.”
Significance of World Health Day 2019
With WHO’s initiatives, healthcare is making progress in countries worldwide. Despite that, millions of people still don’t have access at all to health care. Besides them, millions more are there who are being forced to choose between healthcare and daily expenses.
This day can be taken as an opportunity by the world leaders to remind people about health. Everyone should have access to the healthcare when and where they need it.
Like other countries, India is also focusing on health coverage for all. The world includes focusing towards the affordability and accessibility of proper healthcare with the introduction of Ayushman Bharat. Under this scheme, a family is provided with a cover of Rs 5 lakh to socio-economically weaker section.
World Health Day Quotes and Images
- Health is the crown on the well person’s head that only the ill person can see. – Robin Sharma, Writer
- “The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.” » Anthony Robbins
- “Drugs are not always necessary. Belief in recovery always is.” – Norman Cousins
- It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver. – Mahatma Gandhi
- “A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time – pills or stairs.” » Joan Welsh
- “A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.” – Tom Stoppard
- Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health. – Dalai Lama
- “Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” » Edward Stanley
- “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” – Joyce Meyer
- To keep the body in good health is a duty, for otherwise we shall not be able to trim the lamp of wisdom, and keep our mind strong and clear. – Buddha